This week’s episode brought to you by Slice on Broadway, and Sidekick Media Services.
The studio may be a little emptier than usual, but Sorg is pulling in Katie and Chilla to talk this week in tech news (and to catch up since everyone's been confined to home since last week's episode). This week's topics include:
- Chilla has given up on 2020. He is headed back to 1997 for his Awesome Thing of the Week with 1997 Chat.
- Katie's Awesome Thing of the Week last week extended into this week as she's been checking out Animal Crossing New Horizons to help keep her connected with her niece.
- We're talking comparison points between Animal Crossing on iOS to the new Animal Crossing New Horizons.
- Sorg's Awesome Thing of the Week is the Daily Social Distancing Show with Trevor Noah and the tech behind some talk show responses to COVID-19 shutdowns.
- Trevor Noah isn't the only one adjusting to COVID-19 shutdowns, Oprah has an AppleTV+ series.
- Have you checked out Netflix Party? Sorg has been checking out some thoughts from some of the podcasts he follows, and is sharing.
- Apple has a new iPad Pro with LiDAR scanner and trackpad support!
- Chilla is running through some great options for keyboards and other options for the new iPad Pro from Apple.
- Brother Sorg let us know about the Jay and Silent Bob video game on Steam.
- With dining establishments moving to takeout options, a Portland strip club is offering curbside delivery with Boober Eats.
- Using Zoom for video meetings? We have some pro tip options to avoid XXX videos flooding your screens.
- Pornhub is now Stay-At-Home-Hub.
- The Cowboy Museum put their security guard in charge of their social media - and it's just what we need.
- Adobe Creative Cloud is giving 2 months of service for free.
After the show remember to:
Want to see how awesome Slice is? Pirates players bought some pies for Allegheny General Hospital workers.
Want to be part of our studio audience? Hit us up at [email protected] and we’ll save you a seat!
Join our AwesomeCast Facebook Group to see what we’re sharing and to join the discussion!
You can support the show at Patreon.com/awesomecast!Support AwesomeCast: Tech and Gadget Talk